Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympics and other thoughts

Watching the Olympics…wow! Love to see such feats of strength, skill and grace! I really got into the Olympics in 2002 when I had my big cut abdominal surgery. I was hopped up on percocet and unable to move much, except a mandatory walk around the block every day. It’s a great thing to watch when you can’t move…I just soared with the skiers and won every gold medal with them! It made me feel like I could accomplish anything! I tried skiing once and enjoyed myself, but I also hurt myself…not too bad, but I will never be an Olympian. Besides the fact that I am over 30 and not even close to being in shape, I don’t have the drive, dedication or motivation to be an athlete. I have drive, dedication and motivation to do other things, just not anything quite that athletic…and if I did I would still prefer to watch these guys (men and women) perform. They are amazing, and I’m a huge fan of all types of skiing, skating, sledding, jumping, luging and snowboarding. I’d like to attend in person some day.

I’m a little confused about some of the sponsors, though. When I was a kid I remember being shocked when a fellow kid, in training of some sort, had never eaten at McDonalds! Their parents didn’t let them eat any kind of junk food. Now I see that to “eat like the Olympians” you need to eat McNuggets with a special sauce. Weird. And what does Coke have to do with heart health?

I’m over-caffeinated today, thanks to the great coffee at a meeting I want to this morning. Thanks Chris! It’s a beautiful day and the decision is to go for a walk or watch a movie before the hubby goes to work at 6. Humm. We really should get outside, but I want to just watch the Olympics and take a nap! Caffeine is a weird thing!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look! Also loving the winter Olympics!!! Seems more dangerous then the summer Olympics, every sport is so fast.

    ReplyDelete